SAM believes in increasing accessibility to the arts for ALL communities.
We look forward to working with you to bring diverse groups to experience SAM's collection and
special exhibitions at SAM Downtown and the Seattle Asian Art Museum.
NOTE: Admission to the Olympic Sculpture Park is always FREE.
Once you complete the online request form you will receive an automated reply and a
follow-up email from a SAM representative within 5-7 working days. All pass requests are processed on a first-come, first-served basis.
FREE and DISCOUNTED museum passes are limited and have some restrictions; these limits and restrictions are subject to change.
Who can request passes?
- Passes are available for groups that serve low-income and no-income communities.
You may also request passes to introduce your community to SAM.
- Please review the colleges and universities section closely if you are requesting passes
for college and university students.
- All K-12 School Groups need to visit the museum through our
online tour registration forms.
- Please only request FREE and DISCOUNTED museum passes for individuals associated with your organization.
Requested passes must be for the public good and not purely personal usage.
- Once passes are approved and printed, please make every effort to ensure that they are distributed in your group or organization.
We also ask that you prominently display SAM promotional materials included with mailed tickets.
- SAM will not process requests for more than 100 passes.
Please contact email@example.com if you have questions.
- Please leave time to have your request processed. Most requests will be fulfilled, if approved, within 2 weeks (10 working days).
- There are several FREE days available on a monthly bases at SAM:
- General Public: Free First Thursdays (SAM Downtown and Seattle Asian Art Museum)
- Seniors (62+): Free First Fridays (SAM Downtown and Seattle Asian Art Museum)
- Families: Free First Saturdays (Seattle Asian Art Museum)
- Teens: Second Fridays between 5 and 9pm
- SAM Family Festivals are FREE with admission and are an excellent way to introduce families to the Museum.
- If you select will-call, the name you indicate under Contact Information on the online request form
will be the name the tickets are held under at will-call. Please share this with your group members.
Colleges and Universities
SAM supports young scholars. College and university professors are eligible to request passes
for their classes that have required course work involving visits to the SAM's collection and special exhibition galleries.
Please note that SAM can only provide one FREE visit to college and university classes that would like to visit the
special exhibition galleries. Other subsequent visits are eligible for discounted passes (fees may vary) upon request.
All college and university students are encouraged to purchase a student membership and to consider making a
visiting as a group for discounted tickets whenever possible.