Candidates applying for an internship must:
The museum seeks B.A.- or M.A.-level students and recent graduates in Art/Art History, Museum Studies, Arts Administration, Arts Education and/or related fields for internships in: Communications, Curatorial, Education + Public Programs, Environmental Education Programs, Image Rights + Reproductions, and Libraries. Computer skills are essential and knowledge of a foreign language may be helpful.
- have completed at least one year of college
- be currently enrolled in a college/university
- have earned an undergraduate degree no more than three years prior to the start of the internship.
Students interested in an internship at the Seattle Art Museum should send the following materials together in one package:
- Internship application
- Two letters of recommendation
- Resume or curriculum vitae
- Personal letter explaining your reasons for applying to the Seattle Art Museum Internship program. Letter should include: what you hope to gain from the experience, what you feel you can contribute to the department in which you are applying, and how this kind of experience might help enhance your education and career plans. Please indicate the department to which you are applying and state the reasons for your choice.
Submit Completed Applications To:
Manager of Volunteer Programs
Seattle Art Museum
1300 First Avenue
Seattle, WA 98101-2003
Fall Quarter: August 1
Winter Quarter: November 1
Spring Quarter: February 1
Summer Quarter: April 15