SAM Gallery is the Seattle Art Museum's art sales and rental gallery, offering a large and always-changing selection of original works from a diverse group of Northwest artists.
Dedicated to providing gallery exposure to artists who live and work in our community, the gallery has more than 1,000 works including paintings, drawings, mixed-media works, limited-edition prints and photographs—all in one convenient location, just two blocks from SAM Downtown. SAM Gallery is always free and open to the public.
Enjoy Regular Exhibitions
Throughout the year SAM Gallery presents regular shows and opening receptions. For a chance to meet local artists and be the first to preview new works, email us to get your invitation to the next SAM Gallery opening.
Original Affordable Art for Your Home or Office
Whether you are a new collector or a long-time follower of Northwest artists, you will appreciate what SAM Gallery has to offer:
- Artwork available in all price ranges
- Free consultation to evaluate your space and develop a recommendation of an appropriate art selection for your setting
- Easy 16-month, interest-free payment plan
- A unique 'rent-before-you-buy' approach available only to SAM members—if you don't have a membership, get one on the spot. This allows you to live with a favorite piece before you make a purchase decision—at least half of your rental fee goes toward your purchase if you keep the work.
- Take the art with you or arrange for professional installation
Always free and open to the public:
Tuesday–Saturday: 10:30 am–5 pm
Sunday & Monday: closed
Directions and Map
1220 Third Avenue
Seattle, WA 98101
East of the Seattle Art Museum in the Seattle Tower building at Third Avenue and
University Street in downtown Seattle
Map courtesy of Bing