Experience Elles: Women Artists from the Centre Pompidou, Paris, Elles: SAM and SAM’s collection during a special evening of performances, talks, dancing and more at this late-night creative explosion.
The night's activities include:
SAM Remix Cohosts: ARCADE, Bainbridge Graduate Institute, Canoe Social Club, French-American Chamber of Commerce, Frye Art Museum, Greater Seattle Business Association, Happy Hour in Seattle, Henry Art Gallery, OUT for Sustainability, Seattle Emerging Museum Professionals, Seattle International Film Festival, Seattle Fun Events, The Seattle Welcome Wagon, The UW Advocates for the Arts, The World is Fun, Voices Rising, and World Affairs Council Young Professionals International Network
- DJ Michele Myers spins pop, local favorites, soul and more to keep you movin' all night long.
- Ten Tiny Dances choreographers Linda Austin, Anne Furfey and Amy O'Neal present site specific works confined to 4 x 4 feet of space in these rapid-fire performance sets at 8:30, 9:30 and 10:30 pm.
- Women All-Stars Trivia with Geeks Who Drink: Test your expertise of pop culture, sports, film and more, and win fabulous prizes at 8 and 10 pm.
- “Officially” register your creativity with artist Erin Shafkind at her Department of Artistic Licensing, with help from Jennifer Zwick and Tessa Hulls from 7:30–11:30 pm.
- Join Vivian Philips, Priya Frank and members of the Seattle Women of Color Gathering for activities that reflect on Elles: Pompidou and current events to illuminate and pay homage to women who have impacted our lives at 8, 9 and 10 pm.
- Take Action Buttons: Compose your own slogan for a call to action button with artist Janet Fagan inspired by the work of the Guerrilla Girls, Jenny Holzer and Barbara Kruger.
- Power Bands: Express your personal strengths and inner superhero by making a power band with artist Romson Bustillo.
- DIY Billboard: Contribute your opinions, action calls, and creative responses to a collaborative billboard stretched across the south hallway.
- Live performances by Seattle women musicians past and present, curated by Gretta Harley and Sarah Rudinoff of ACT Theatre’s These Streets, from 7:45–11:45 pm. Featuring 80s alternative rock band Capping Day; BarTalk, the band created for These Streets, performing music by girl frontend bands of the 90s; the eclectic vocals of writer/performer Hollis; and The Pytons’ blend of 60s soul with a dash of punk.
- VIP lounge for SAM members
- Seattle Symphony Orchestra harpist Valerie Muzzolini Gordon performs elegant compositions by French composers in response to artists featured in Elles: Women Artists from the Centre Pompidou, Paris at 8:30 and 9:45 pm.
- Experience the galleries in new and unexpected ways with My Favorite Things: Highly Opinionated Tours led by artists, Remix co-hosts and special guests.
Tours associated with Elles: Pompidou are noted with this symbol and meet in the center of Gallery 1 inside the 4th floor special exhibition galleries. A timed ticket is required for entry.
- 8 pm: DW Burnam, artist, musician and writer
- 8:30 pm: Scott Lawrimore, Deputy Director, Collections and Exhibitions, and Jo-Anne Birnie Danzker, Director, Frye Art Museum (Remix co-host)
- 9 pm: Alice Wheeler, artist
- 9:15 pm: Writers from Hedgebrook: Women Authoring Change
- 9:30 pm: Meghan Arnette, Producing Artistic Director, Live Girls! Theatre
- 10 pm: Kaylan Brae Petrie, Planetarium Facilitator, Pacific Science Center, for Seattle Emerging Museum Professionals (Remix co-host)
- 10:30: Leah Baltus, Editor-in-Chief, City Arts Magazine
- 11 pm: Whitney Ford Terry, Public Program Coordinator, and Merith Bennett, Senior Curatorial Associate, Henry Art Gallery (Remix co-host)
Get your Kusama on. First 50 in polka dot garments get in free!
Important Ticket Information:Tickets may be purchased onsite at the 1st Ave. and University St. entrance.
- Print-at-home ticket buyers: Enter at 1st Avenue and Union Street.
- Will Call ticket buyers and cash ticket sales: Enter at 1st Avenue and University Street (near Hammering Man).
Please Note: The time printed on your ticket is for entrance to the Elles: Pompidou galleries on level 4 only. Please allow 10–15 minutes to get from the museum entrance to the galleries. You will need to enter the Elles: Pompidou galleries no later than 20 minutes after the time printed on your ticket.
KEXP 90.3 FM