Advance tickets for Remix are now sold out. A limited number of tickets will be sold on a first-come, first-served basis at the 1st Avenue and University Street entrance.
Explore celebrity, fame, and fortune during a special evening of performances, talks, dancing, and more at this late-night, creative explosion. Ticket includes admission to Rembrandt, Van Dyck, Gainsborough: The Treasures of Kenwood House, London.
The night's activities include:
- DJ J-Justice spins soul, pop, hip hop, and more to keep you movin’ all night long.
- Watch some of burlesque’s most provocative characters, the Atomic Bombshells, performing live; inspired by the racy backstories of portraits featured in SAM’s exhibitions.
- Fabulous Fascinators: Create a Downton Abbey-ready headpiece using feathers, ribbon and other bling with artist Janet Fagan.
- Inspired by SAM's global collections, get down with the sounds of New York transplant DJ Jaymz Nylon, ranging from Afro-Latin influences and broken beats to disco and beyond.
- Couture Coiffure: Design a wig fit for the 16th century with artist Romson Bustillo.
- Pictorial Pins: Fashion a becoming brooch inspired by portraits and landscapes from the Kenwood House collection with artist Julie Alpert.
- Musician Amos Miller presents Roger’s Thriftway, a set of performances exploring class and race through the lens of a grocery store in the Central District.
- Artist Walk of Fame: Decorate the stars of celebrity artists featured in SAM’s collection—including Jeff Koons, Cai Guo-Qiang and more—in this collaborative project.
- Artist Atelier: Join artist Alicia Betty Eder for portrait activities featuring live models within a site-specific studio created by Seattle artist Celeste Cooning.
- Hear soprano Linda Tsatsanis and cellist Nathan Whittaker
perform baroque and early classical music among the dazzling works featured in Going for Gold.
- Seattle Shakespeare Company: Experience one of the oldest cultural icons, Romeo and Juliet, performed alongside the paintings of its time.
- Experience the galleries in new and unexpected ways with My Favorite Things: Highly Opinionated Tours led by artists, Remix co-hosts and special guests:
- John Frank, SAM Board of Trustees and collector**
- Lorenzo Moog, Seattle artist**
- Anne Siems, Seattle artist
- Anna Rose Telcs, Seattle fashion designer and artist **
- Royal Alley-Barnes, Executive Director, Langston Hughes Performing Arts Institute & Zola Mumford, Curator, Langston Hughes African American Film Festival
- Troy Gua, Seattle artist**
**Rembrandt, Van Dyck, Gainsborough tours meet in the center of the first gallery inside the 4th floor special exhibition galleries.
SAM Remix Cohosts: AIA Seattle, ARCADE, Langston Hughes African American Film Festival, National Organization of Minority Architects, OUT for Sustainability, Pacific Science Center , Seattle Emerging Museum Professionals, Seattle Fun Events, Seattle Symphony, Space.City, Beard and Stache Fest, Three Dollar Bill Cinema, United Way of King County Emerging Leaders,UW Advocates for the Arts , Voices Rising , Washington Bus, World Affairs Council Young Professionals International Network and Young Professionals Network .
First 50 in faux feathers get in free!
Print-at-home ticket buyers: Enter at 1st Avenue and Union Street. Will Call ticket buyers and door ticket buyers: Enter at 1st Avenue and University Street (near Hammering Man).
KEXP 90.3 FM