Advance tickets for Remix are now sold out. A limited number of tickets will be sold on a first-come, first-served basis at the 1st Avenue and University Street entrance.
Curate your night of performances, activities, dancing and more—exploring the practice of art collecting and the Modern art exhibition The Dorothy and Herbert Vogel Collection: Fifty Works for Fifty States—at this late-night, creative explosion.
The night's activities include:
- DJ Riz spins soul, pop, hip hop, and more to keep you movin’ all night long.
- The dynamic choreography of Seattle’s Alchemy Tap Project, ranging from jazz to electronic to hip hop—styles as diverse as SAM’s collections
- Stop by the Rec Room to play a collection of games, including a giant game of Twister, group Pictionary and Modern Art Bingo.
- Make small edition trading cards with artist Janet Fagan.
- Design jewelry rooted in clean forms of color and shape inspired by the minimalist works in Fifty Works for Fifty States with artist Terri Rau.
- Get down to dj100proof’s distinctive blend of funk, hip-hop, boogie and R&B.
- Put your artistic eye to the test in a photo scavenger hunt in SAM’s collections for a chance to win free tickets to the upcoming exhibition Future Beauty: 30 Years of Japanese Fashion.
- Grab a free Remix tote and build a collection of art created with an array of local artists in booths at the Mini Fair. Created with Seattle artist Joey Veltkamp, featuring Maikoiyo Alley-Barnes, Sharon Arnold, Nola Avienne, the Bureau of Drawers, Celeste Cooning, Chris Crites, Ronald Hall, Harold Hollingsworth, Sean Johnson, Izzie Klingels, Kristen Ramirez, Susan Robb, Joey Veltkamp and Tariqa Waters.
- Seattle Opera BRAVO! Club presents: Bass-Baritone Danny Oakden and pianist Elisabeth Ellis will perform live in the galleries. In minimalist style, this performance celebrates the essence of operatic form—the power of the human voice.
- SAM Performs: modern dance by Salt Horse live in the galleries
- Experience the galleries in new and unexpected ways with highly opinionated tours led by neon artist Dylan Neuwirth, arts writer and goer Jeremy Buben, New York artist Heather Hart, Executive Director of Photo Center Northwest Michelle Dunn Marsh, Arts Corps Program Director Lara Davis, founder of M.I.A. Gallery Mariane Lenhardt, and SAM Modern & Contemporary Art Curatorial Assistant Carrie Dedon!
Get minimal. First 50 dressed in monochrome get in free.
SAM Remix Cohosts: AIA Seattle, ARCADE, Canoe Social Club, National Organization of Minority Architects, OUT for Sustainability, Seattle Emerging Museum Professionals, Seattle Fun Events, Seattle Opera, Seattle Science Festival, The World is Fun, Twilight Gallery & Boutique, UW Advocates for the Arts, Voices Rising, World Affairs Council Young Professionals International Network and Young Professionals Network.
Tickets may be purchased online, at the Ticketing Desk at any of SAM's three sites or over the phone with a credit card by calling the Box Office at 206.654.3121. Print-at-home tickets are strongly recommended.
Print-at-home ticket buyers: Enter at 1st Avenue and Union Street.
Will Call ticket buyers and door ticket buyers: Enter at 1st Avenue and University Street (near Hammering Man).
KEXP 90.3 FM