Earth Day Celebration
April 20, 2013
10 am3 pm
Olympic Sculpture Park
Join us at the Olympic Sculpture Park to celebrate Earth Day, Arbor Day, and spring in Seattle with a day of hands-on environmental activities; tours about the site history and ecology of the park; art-making inspired by the natural world; performances by great local musicians; and delicious natural, organic eats. Bring your family, friends, colleagues, and students—there will be something for everyone!
The day's activities will include:
Up early on April 20? We recommend checking out Seattle Magazine's Earth Day 5K run.
RSVP on Facebook and invite your friends!
- Drop-in activities and demonstrations from the
Beacon Food Forest, CoolMom, Mountains to Sound Greenway Trust, NOAA's Northwest Fisheries Science Center,
Pacific Biodiversity Institute,
The Trust for Public Land, Washington Park Arboretum, and
Washington Trails Association
- A self-guided scavenger hunt
- Bodhi tree and nature journal art activities led by teaching artists
- A listening station featuring excerpts from Abby Aresty’s 2012 Paths II: The Music of Trees and a drop-in discussion with Abby about her work from 11 am–noon
- Rousing performances by Chaotic Noise Marching Corps at noon and 1:30 pm
- Site, Sculpture, Shoreline: Discover the Olympic Sculpture Park tours at noon and 1 pm
- A flora-focused tour by Olympic Sculpture Park gardener Bobby McCullough at 2 pm
- Northwest Coast stories from renowned Tulalip storyteller Johnny Moses at 2:30 pm
- Scrumptious and environmentally responsible food (including vegetarian options) from BUNS gourmet natural burgers from 11 am-3 pm
Free and open to the public.