Contact: Nicole Griffin,
SAM Public Relations
Beat the Heat at the Seattle Art Museum
and TASTE Restaurant
Hot art, cool deals – and air conditioning – make this week more bearable when you spend it at SAM.
SEATTLE, July 29, 2009 – Come in out of the heat this week at the Seattle Art Museum and TASTE Restaurant. Both facilities are fully air conditioned!
Here are a few ways SAM and TASTE are making it easier to beat the heat this weekend:
• FREE ICED TEA – Through July 31, mention “BEAT THE HEAT” at TASTE Restaurant and receive a free Iced Tea (with any purchase).
• ADMISSION TO SAM IS ALWAYS BY SUGGESTED ADMISSION, so pay $1, $5, $10, $15 – whatever you’re comfortable with – and we’ll do our part to deliver a cool experience with incredible works of art.
• SAM IS OPEN UNTIL 9 PM ON THURSDAY AND FRIDAY – You can’t sleep in this heat, so come to SAM after 5 on Thursday and Friday evening. Chill out with the art and enjoy Happy Hour deals at TASTE Restaurant.
• PARKING AT SAM JUST GOT EASIER: $6 for 5 hours of parking Tuesday-Friday with entry after noon (12 p.m.), and all day Saturday and Sunday. (Parking ticket must be validated with ticket purchase at the Seattle Art Museum admission desk. SAM members: validation necessary but available without purchase. Parking in the Chase Center garage, underneath the Seattle Art Museum. Entrance is on the south side of Union Street, between First and Second Avenues.)
• SAM offers free tours of its collections and exhibitions. A schedule of free tours can be found at www.seattleartmuseum.org/calendar/calendar.asp.
The Seattle Art Museum is open Tuesday-Sunday, 10 am-5 pm, and until 9 pm on Thursday and Friday.
TASTE Restaurant is open for lunch, happy hour & dinner Tuesday-Saturday 10 am-10 pm, Sunday 10 am-6 pm.
Check out the calendar of events at seattleartmuseum.org for films, lectures and more great reasons to visit the museum this week. More information about TASTE Restaurant can be found at www.samtaste.com.