Advance tickets for Remix are now sold out. A limited number of tickets will be sold on a first-come, first-served basis starting at 8:00 pm at the Western Avenue and Broad Street entrance. Individuals purchasing tickets are limited to four tickets per person.
Summer at SAM continues at the Olympic Sculpture Park!
Celebrate summer at the Olympic Sculpture Park among the new site-specific installation, The Western Oracle: We Will Tear the Roof Off the Mother by Heather Hart and SAM's Olympic Sculpture Park collection, during a special evening of performances, talks, dancing and more at this late-night creative explosion.
The night's activities include:
- Dance Under the Stars to the soulful beats of DJ J-Justice.
- Donít Talk to the Cops! perform their unique blend of punk, hip hop and pop in melodic songs that instigate a grinning, dancing frenzy.
- Stand out in the dark with glow-in-the-dark makeup! Makeup artists Shawnie Fitch and Angie Glasser will help you stay in style even after the sun goes down.
- Add you mark to Courtney Karwal's community mural and watch as this collborative project takes shape throughout the night.
- After-Dark Drwaing. Capture the sculptures, plant life and beautiful views of the puget sound through self-guided drawing.
- Participate in Americaís favorite bean bag toss game with an artist-designed Cornhole by Dumb Eyes.
- Join in on the Kirigami (Japanese cut paper) collaborative wall garden fun with artist Celeste Cooning, Celeste Cooning and watch your garden grow over the course of the evening.
- Join Friends of the Waterfront Seattle for a participatory collage project that will capture elements of the waterfront's past and present and envision aspets of it's future.
- Sing your heart out to your favorite tunes during karaoke with Baby Van Beezly.
- JKPOP! presents a J-pop & K-pop dance extravaganza with music, videos, and live performances.
- Join artist Alicia Betty to create Waterscape postcards inspired by SAMís art installation Encontro das Ńguas (Encounter of Waters).
- Supreme La Rock spins everything from pop music to local favorites all night long.
- Cellist Paul Rucker performs live on the roof of SAMís installation The Western Oracle: We Will Tear the Roof Off the Mother.
- East fuses with West in Quentin Tarantinoís pop-saturated showdown between the Bride and O-Ren Ishii in Kill Bill, Vol. 1 (2003).
- Relive the styles and fashion icons of the 80s, 90s and 00s on episodes of MTVís House of Style. Featured episodes include Jon Stewart, Sibyl Buck, Modeling in Japan, X-Girl street fashions and more.
- Experience the Olympic Sculpture Park in new and unexpected ways with highly opinionated tours led by Susanna Bluhm, Gallery Manager at ArtsWest; Cary Moon, Board Member at Friends of the Waterfront Seattle; Jody Bento, Manager at SAM Gallery; Holly Decker and Rob Walgren, Corporate Communications, from the Port of Seattle; David Wentworth, Fashion and Editorial Photographer at David Wentworth Photography and Davida Ingram.
SAM Remix Cohosts: AIA Seattle, ARCADE, ArtsWest, Design in Public, French-American Chamber of Commerce, Friends of Waterfront Seattle, Northeastern University Ė Seattle, OUT for Sustainability, Port of Seattle, Seattle Emerging Museum Professionals, Seattle Fun Events, Sightline Institute, The World is Fun, Voices Rising, World Affairs Councilís Young Professionals International Network and Young Professionals Network.
Remix happens rain or shine.
First 50 dressed in all-over patterns get in free. Don't get caught wearing solids!
Tickets may be purchased online, at the Ticketing Desk at any of SAM's three sites or over the phone with a credit card by calling the Box Office at 206.654.3121. Print-at-home tickets are strongly recommended.
SAM Remix is an 18 and up event.
KEXP 90.3 FM